By Chris Murphy
Are you a new business owner in need of creating their Google Business Listing?
Most people these days already have a Google Business Listing (GBL) or have claimed their GBL listing. This article is for new business owners who might need a little guidance tin setting up their GBL. Here are the steps on how to set up a Google Business listing for a new business:
- Go to the Google Business Profile website: https://www.google.com/business/.
- Sign in to your Google Account, or create one if you don’t have one.
- Enter the name of your business.
- Search for your business category.
- Click Next.
- Choose whether you have a location customers can visit.
- If you have a physical location:
- Enter your business address or position a marker on a map for the location of your businesses.
- Select the days and hours your business is open.
- If you don’t have a physical location:
- Select “Service area” and enter the areas where you provide services.
- Click Next.
- Add photos of your business, products, or services.
- Add a description of your business.
- Click Submit.
- Google will review your listing and may ask you to verify your business ownership. Once your listing is verified, it will start appearing in Google Search and Maps.
Here are some additional tips for setting up a Google Business listing for a new business:
- Make sure the name of your business is consistent across all platforms, including Google, your website, and your social media pages.
- Use keywords in your business name and description that people are likely to search for when looking for businesses like yours.
- Add photos that are high-quality and representative of your business.
- Keep your listing up-to-date with the latest information about your business hours, products, and services.
- Respond to reviews promptly and professionally.
- By following these steps, you can set up a Google Business listing that will help you reach more customers and grow your business.